Following the First Minister's update in Parliament on Tuesday 10 November, Scottish Golf has been in further dialogue with our partners at sportscotland to gain further clarity on the current travel guidance in place.
We are now able to provide the following updated travel guidance for all golf clubs below:
- You should avoid travel to other areas regardless of their level unless essential.
- For exercise/sport – there is an exemption, however, it is limited:
- In Level 4, not permitted to drive outside your Local Authority area for exercise – you can cross boundaries in the process of exercising i.e if a golf course straddles two Local Authority area boundaries.
- In Level 3 - You can travel anywhere within your local authority area to take part in sport. You may cross a local authority boundary by up to 5 miles if necessary, this includes where a golf course straddles two local authority areas. You can currently travel up to 5 miles into another local authority for sport where this is absolutely necessary and you cannot access the sport otherwise. If there is a more local option to play golf within your local authority area, this would be recommended as unnecessary travel is being actively discouraged.
- In Levels 0-2 - Adults should, where possible, minimise unnecessary travel between areas and not travel to a Level 3 or 4. Read the full statement here